Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Coming this November

I've been a bit busy lately.  I just got back from my honeymoon but I haven't forgot y'all.  Coming this weekend we have a basic blanket craft project, a review of November's Birchbox, and if it arrives a by Saturday a review of my first Love with Food box.  Also, coming soon this month will be a review of my first Julep box and my November Pop Sugar Must have box. As well as a tutorial on a basic quilted-like tote bag just in time for the holidays.

For today a basic body scrub that makes a great gift.

What you will need:
Epsom salt or Sugar (I prefer the salt it's less likely to melt)
Oil - a carrier oil (don't worry I had to look it up the first time too) I like light olive oil it doesn't have much scent and is great for most skin types
Fragrance - OIL BASED I cannot stress this enough I made the mistake of trying alcohol based and let's just say my scrub smelled like vodka.
Food color - I like the gel cake colors from Wilton
Some kind of jar for the scrub

1. Start with your salt or sugar in a bowl (eg. 2 cups)
2. Slowly start adding your oil (eg. 1/8cup at a time)
3. Mix until you reach your desired consistency (not to loose) 
NOW THE PART I LOVE IF YOU MESS IT UP AND YOU ADD TOO MUCH OIL IT'S OK JUST ADD MORE SALT OR SUGAR! :)
4. Slowly and a little bit at a time add your fragrance until you reach a strength you like.  
5. Do the same with the color remembering the too much color might dye the skin

Package it up and you've got a homemade gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment